Belgrade, Serbia is undoubtedly one of the most vibrant cities in Eastern Europe, and it happens to be one of my personal favorites! The old town is rich in history and beauty, just waiting to be explored. One of the most stunning places in Belgrade is Kalemegdan Park, which sits atop a fortress dating back to 279 BC, offering amazing views of the Sava and Danube Rivers. The park’s sunset vistas are particularly impressive, making it a perfect spot for a romantic engagement shoot. Čarna and Nemanja decided to meet me there for their engagement session. As we wandered along the park’s winding cobblestone paths, I captured their love in photos, and the result was truly beautiful! Congratulations to a wonderful couple. Živeli!
Top 5 Photography Session Locations in Belgrade, Serbia
If you’re planning a photography session in Belgrade, the city offers so many incredible locations. I’ve had the chance to explore some of its most picturesque spots and have put together a list of my absolute favorites. From beautiful parks and historic landmarks to trendy streets and hidden gems, there’s no shortage of incredible backdrops to choose from.
- Kalemegdan Park – The highlight of Belgrade, this park has it all. This green oasis sits atop a historic fortress, offering visitors gorgeous panoramic views of the Sava and Danube rivers. The park’s gardens and paths provide a peaceful atmosphere in a busy city. Among the greenery is the charming St. Petka church, a small Orthodox church that adds to the park’s beauty.
- Church of Saint Mark – At the heart of Belgrade, tucked away in Tašmajdan Park, stands St. Mark’s Church – one of the most magnificent structures in Serbia. As you approach the church, it’s impossible not to be amazed by its grandeur and beauty. The church’s vast size is a testament to its significance in the Serbian Orthodox Church and its history. Surrounded by green space, it’s the perfect spot for a photography session. While strolling through the park’s charming walkways the area also offers plenty of cozy cafes and restaurants to explore.
- Old Town & Skadarlija Street – Immerse yourself in the unique charm of the old town, where every turn offers something new to discover. From old doorways to tiny side streets, the intricate architecture and traditional restaurants create an atmosphere that’s truly vibrant.
- Zemun – A bohemian vibe, Zemun is known for its cafes, lively late-night bars, and restaurants along its cute riverside promenade. It lies on the right bank of the Danube river, upstream from downtown Belgrade. Gardoš hill, topped by an 1896 tower, offers river and city views.
- River Walk Along the Danube River – A nice scenic path that runs along the riverbank of the Danube river. It’s lined with green space and restaurants that’s ideal for a photo shoot.